GreenHill is looking for eight outstanding emerging artists from North Carolina for the exhibition Constant/Change (July 26 – September 8, 2019). This exhibition will celebrate the wide-range of artistic pursuits and formal excellence of North Carolina artists, with each of the final eight artists having over 500 square feet to showcase their work.
In 1999, GreenHill presented a powerful exhibition entitled Constant/Change: Statements from New Generation of North Carolina Artists, a juried exhibition highlighting eight promising North Carolina artists. This 1999 exhibition was a platform to launch their artistic careers. GreenHill is now revisiting the underlying premise of this exhibition with a call to artist for submissions for consideration to be included in the 2019 exhibition, Constant/Change. Edie Carpenter states: “The range of works we will be looking at, from drawing and printmaking to multimedia projects speak to the quality of work being produced on our region. We are hoping for submissions from artists from across the state that will be as provocative, sensitive, and ripe with energy’ as the eight artists in the original 1999 exhibition were described.”
• Submissions Deadline | January 15, 2019
• Artists notified of acceptance | February 1, 2019
• Exhibition dates | July 26 - September 8, 2019
• Opening Reception | Friday, July 26 from 5:30-7:30 PM
• Artist Round Table | Wednesday, August 28 from 5:30-6:30 PM
Jennifer Dasal, Associate Curator of Contemporary Art, North Carolina Museum of Art
Jonell Jaime Logan, Independent Curator and Arts Advocate
Will South, Chief Curator, Columbia Museum of Art
Open to visual artists currently working in the state of North Carolina, artists who have studied in a degree program, taught professionally, maintained ongoing professional relationships, or who have previously resided in the state of North Carolina. All works must have been made within the last five years.
The following information is required:
• Artists must submit 10 images of their work. Images may be of a single large installation piece, or of up to 10 different works.
• Images must be 300 dpi or higher.
• Title, year, medium, and dimensions are required for each piece.
• All works must have been made within the last five years.
• Artist must have substantial ties to North Carolina, as described above.
• Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
HOW TO APPLY: Fill out an application at www.greenhillnc.org/CONSTANT-CHANGE
CONTACT: Claire Anderson, Curatorial Assistant | GreenHill | [email protected]