We believe that the arts are essential to help our community thrive.
We know that students who study the arts are four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement and three times more likely to be recognized for school attendance. And low-income students who are engaged in the arts are more than twice as likely to graduate from college than their peers with no arts involvement. Plus, they are more likely to find gainful employment later and volunteer locally.
To make all this happen, we need your help to create change in Raleigh and Wake County.
Our programs and services are made possible through support from the North Carolina Arts Council, Wake County government, and generous contributions from corporate supporters and individual donors.
Here’s how your support can make a difference:
- $3,000 adopts a classroom for a week-long artist residency
- $1,500 helps keep admission free for those attending a cultural festival
- $1,000 assists an emerging writer in publishing a book
- $500 provides a musical instrument for a child from a low-income family
- $100 pays for a six-week theater class for one youth
- $50 covers a month of visual arts classes in a community center
- $25 sponsors a student for a day-long workshop
To give online, visit our secure online donation portal.
To make a donation by phone, call Sarah CM Shore at (919) 839-1498, ext. 202.
To make a donation by mail, please send a check with your name, address and how you wish to be recognized to the following address:
United Arts Council
Dept. Code 3143
P.O. Box 63143
Charlotte, NC 28263-3143
Your gift makes the arts accessible across Wake County and supports programming that reaches 1.2 million people each year! THANK YOU!