Inform United Arts of any deviations from the executed contract, such as changes in date, artist fee, and number of participating students.
If a program must be cancelled, the school and artist should work together to reschedule it. If the school must cancel due to inclement weather or school closing, communicate with the artist immediately and attempt to reschedule the program. Likewise, if an artist is ill or otherwise unable to get to a school for the program, the artist must notify the school immediately and attempt to reschedule the program.
If a program does not occur on the contracted date, there are five options:
- School and artist reschedule for the current school year;
- School and artist reschedule for the following school year;
- If the school cannot reschedule: as bound by the contract, the school’s matching payment of the total artist fee is paid to the artist;
- If the artist cannot reschedule: the school may use its grant to schedule another artist’s program in the same grant category during the current school year; or the school may forfeit its grant and have its matching payment returned;
- If both the school and artist are unable to reschedule: the school forfeits its grant and its matching payment is returned.