Program Mission and Overview
The Visiting Artist will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the artistic landscape through creative, skillful collaboration on productions by local professional and community theaters. The artist will interact with the community through workshops, classes, and presentations and (when appropriate) exhibitions. United Arts will facilitate a collaborative relationship between the Visiting Artist and the local arts community to complete program activities (below).
During the residency in Raleigh as the Visiting Artist, you will have the opportunity to do the following in consultation with United Arts:
• Provide original designs for a minimum of six (6) local stage productions through creative collaboration and participation in productions by professional and community theater groups.
• Encourage knowledge of technical theater skills for all age groups by offering at least four (4) workshops in educational settings like high schools, local theater companies, etc.
• Create and lead at least four classes/workshops in your area of specialty, open to the public
• Propose and execute a minimum of four (4) original activities to bring attention to stage and performance design in less traditional settings ( for example, create designs for festivals, banquets, pageants, etc.)
• Make public presentations where appropriate
• Suggest future projects to inspire public engagement and support of stage arts
• Provide other instructional opportunities when available.
For more information, contact Brandi Neuwirth at email@example.com or (919) 839-1498, ext. 205.